St Mary, Udimore, East Sussex - 29th August 2004

On the day of our visit the tower appears to be undergoing repairs.

St Mary, Udimore, East Sussex - 29th August 2004 - MTC

Here are two views of the nave, looking east and west. In the latter picture the organ is visible on the gallery under the tower.

The nave  looking east, St Mary, Udimore, East Sussex - 29th August 2004 - MTCThe nave  looking west, St Mary, Udimore, East Sussex - 29th August 2004 - MTC

This delightful window is in the south porch above the door.  The inscription reads "To the Glory of God and in memory of a short Vicar late 1897-1905".

Porch window, St Mary, Udimore, East Sussex - 29th August 2004 - MTC

Here is the font.

The font, St Mary, Udimore, East Sussex - 29th August 2004 - MTC

And finally these royal arms of 1772 (George III) and were restored by the Canterbury School of Art and Messrs Godaen of Ham Street.

Royal Arms, St Mary, Udimore, East Sussex - 29th August 2004 - MTC

Digital photographs


Visitors to this album since June 2003


This is a page from the Roughwood British Churches Album

If you would like to purchase any of the images featured here or commission others of this church, please click here.

If you found this page using a search engine or other link, please use the icons below to link to one of the main sections of the Roughwood web site:

Click here to view the Roughwood Photograph Album
Photo Album

Click here to view the Roughwood Antique Postcard Album
Postcard Album

Click here to view the Roughwood Mill Album
Mill Album

Click here to return to the Roughwood Homepage
Homepage

Click here to view the Roughwood Garden Album
Garden Album

Click here to view the Roughwood Churches Album
Church Album

Click here to view the Roughwood genealogy pages
Genealogy

Google
 
Web www.roughwood.net

Please do not reproduce or store any of the pictures on this site without asking first.